Friday, June 10, 2011

The Seven Deadly Sins


In the beginning, the world was made. Yahweh made earth and the living beings on it. He called them humans. It was all good. Life was like a paradise on earth and all living creatures were living happily. Yahweh instructed every living being to eat whatever it sees except for the fruit from the Tree of Life. However, when Eve, a human creation disobeyed Yahweh’s only rule, everything changed. Eve gave birth to the seven children: the gods of the seven deadly sins, Wrath, Greed, Lust, Envy, Sloth, Pride, and Gluttony. Wrath was the eldest among Eve’s children. Due to the author’s frustration about life, she was going to first tell the story of Wrath.

The Story of Wrath
I am Wrath. When mother bore my body, I hated it. I got angry for no reason and tried to kill myself in her womb. I failed. Now I was living in this world created by Yahweh. He did not like me from the time he saw me right after mother gave birth to her first child. He did not even look at me in the eye. Well, actually I knew why he was like that. When I realized that I was out of the womb, I hated mother for bringing me to this world. So I tried to kill her but I could not because I knew that on the second until the seventh day of my life, mother will give birth to the rest of my siblings.
I never listened to this Yahweh’s rules, his stupid rules. When I grew a little older, it was a time when I could stand with my two feet on the ground. I left mother and my brothers to start a journey. I needed to know the reason why I had to live in this damned world. I did not like to feel sadness nor suffer from any disaster. I should have not lived. These thoughts built great anger in my heart. While I was on walking excitedly to get away from the place where I was born, a child went to me and asked if I had some food I could share. I hated this little girl. Why did she have to suffer hunger? So I killed her. I tore every part of her limb. I started with her head. I removed her eyes, tongue and hair. Then, I separated her right arm from the body and threw it in the river. I did the same to her other parts. Afterward, I saw at myself on the river’s reflection and I found a satisfied living being covered with human blood. I knew why was born.

****

Wrath was very different from the creations of Yahweh. He did not feel guilt in whatever murderous act he did. He was not like the humans who eventually died. Even if he tried to kill himself, he would never die. He was not as powerful as Yahweh because he could not do all he wanted. What he could only do was to live, hate, and kill. He could possess the heart of any man who felt wrath. When a man allowed, he could control this human and become a murderer of bodies and souls. One of the best bodies he became successful in controlling was the body of Hitler. Until now Wrath was still in search of humans who needed his guilt-free spirit to do what they could not do when they have Conscience. Conscience was a gift of Yahweh to man. But not all men liked his gift; hence they looked for Wrath because he could kill Conscience.
Now because of the author’s stressful feeling toward life, she chose to tell the story of the lust, the third child of Eve.

The Story of Lust

Lust felt that she was the most powerful among her brothers and sisters because she knew that every human could easily feel the desire to have sex. Hence, Lust, the third child of Eve was the goddess of Prostitution, Rape, Adultery, and Fornication. Lust could control the weak humans through these things. Any human who had a weak relationship with Yahweh could not control their desire which was to have sex in inappropriate times.

I felt lust. I knew it was the reason why Eve gave birth to me. She did not love Adam (father). They only had sex for lust. I knew all of these because mother never loved me. She hated me most among her seven children. I was the only girl in the family and I was the most despised. But it was okay because all my brothers loved me. They fought over who would be my husband. Well, I never wanted a husband. I just wanted to sleep with them anytime and anywhere I wanted. See? Ain’t I the most powerful? Even gods obeyed me. They loved my body, my scent, my voice, and my whole package. Now if you liked to ask about same sex marriage whether I was also the cause of that, of course I was. Well, I was bored living for millenniums. It was interesting to see a new sight and trend patronized by these foolish humans. After establishing different rackets like the SOGO motel to be popular, I wanted more. Hence, I possessed the first partner of a same sex marriage. It was successful and I became more famous. Thanks to media. For every show to hit, I was needed.
****

I author now was really hunger. So she needs to eat.


The Story of Gluttony

Lust was sexy. I liked her but I preferred to fill my stomach. I am Gluttony. Did you think that because I was a glutton, I looked fat? Of course not! Getting obese only happened to those weak humans who I tempted TO EAT WITH DELIGHT. I was the most handsome god and I thought now I would be married to Lust if I did not choose another career. One project I was doing at present was the Marty’s Vegetarian Snack. Yum, people liked it. They were fooled. It would just shorten their life span and the capacity of their kidneys to carry the consequence of their pleasures. Hahaha. I was the god of Junk Food, Soft Drinks, Hard Drinks and any edible thing that could silently kill these addicted humans. I was the great first Pusher of illegal drugs. Do you want to know the reason why I did these? I was a god who gets the satisfaction of seeing humans become addicted to food pleasures. I loved what I was doing and I will not give up this job until the end of the world. I was the number one cause of sickness that led to the death of thousands of people. Every human was very fond of delicious food. Hence I possessed skilled food makers to create delicious, addicting, poisonous food that would make one fat, or thin,  eventually making them addicts until they die. What about you? What's your food craving?

Because of evident hate of the author to life, she would like to end this myth with the story of Gluttony and let the readers imagine what the other gods looked and sounded like.

Theme:

The theme of the story is obviously all about the negative energy which makes the writer write such stories about sin. It is also about the attitude human beings show when they face temptation. Hence, the author personifies the different sins in to some images of demi gods. If the author of this story is not frustrated about life and is given more time to do what she want and not use her time to meet expectations, the story will definitely be different.
This mythology explains how temptations can attack any human who does not live with a virtuous life. It gives the readers an idea of how sins when turned into human and godly forms can conquer the world through the surrender of human to pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment